Volunteer at the 3rd Annual Pedal through Petals! This year, our event will be bigger and better, and we need more volunteers than ever. All proceeds of the event go to Massey Cancer Center, which is doing lifesaving research right here in RVA!
Volunteers will receive breakfast and lunch, plus a free raffle ticket, 2 beers or 2 glasses of wine and a Massey t-shirt to keep.
Volunteers are needed both at Party Central and at our gorgeous garden spots. And of course we need ride leaders. Some volunteer slots are available at times that permit you to participate in the ride before or after your volunteer shift.
Here are the volunteer duties:
- Set up the day before the event. Bring items from a storage area to Party Central. A truck and/or strong bones will help!
- Ride leader.You will lead groups of 10/15 riders on the garden tour. Must pre-ride the course once and be a comfortable urban cyclist. Ride will take an estimated 3 hours.
- Ride Starters. Help organize riders on Clay street into groups for the wave start.
- Route Signage Team. Help sign the routes on Saturday before the event. Will need a car and partner to work as a team.
- Event Day Setup. We will need a small strong team to help setup along with assemble bike racks the morning of event day. You can ride after your shift.
- Water Stop Setup. Help place water coolers at the start finish and the rest stop on the route. Truck or van needed required.
- Merch Table. You will be assisting with any merchandise participants may have purchased in advance along with live sales.
- Goody Bags. After the participants have completed the ride you will pass out goody bags at Party Central.
- Signage Take Down. Help take down route signs after the ride. You will need a vehicle and partner to assist.
- Massey Docent. You will be stationed at Massey, in Becky’s Healing Garden or at the entrance, where information about Massey will be available. Be an ambassador for Massey!
- Garden Stop Docent. You will be stationed at a gorgeous garden stop, where you will say a few words about the stop (based upon talking points we give you) and watch bicycles while riders tour the garden.
- Registrant. You will check in participants, give them their race bibs and any merchandise they have purchased in advance. You may ride after your shift is over.
- Raffle Assistant. You will assist in arranging the raffle items for sale, encouraging folks to buy raffle tickets and making sure the raffle event runs smoothly. There are pre-ride shifts and afternoon shifts. You may ride before or after your shift.
- Bike Valet. You will take bikes from participants and place them on racks, guarding the bikes while the riders are at Party Central.
- Clean up and Take Down. You will help clean up Party Central after the event is completed. You may ride before your shift.
- Family Fun Zone Volunteer. You will help in the Family Fun Zone to ensure that everything there runs smoothly, including lines for the fun spots.