Climb to Conquer Cancer offers the competitive cyclist three experiences:
- Competitive climbs up iconic Libby Hill, made famous in 2015 Worlds. You will compete based on the average Strava times of two climbs of this hill for age-group awards and King of the Mountain/Queen of the Mountain awards. Can you earn the right to wear the Polka Dot Jersey?
- An urban ride through the 29th Street corridor of Church Hill, site of the upcoming 29th Street Bike Walk Boulevard project.
- Your choice of
- a scenic ride on the roads through Historic Battlefield Park and in the countryside and beyond, or
- an off-road ride through the trails of the James River Basin.
- The start and the finish of the ride (including the Libby Hill climbs and the urban ride) is the same for all riders. The segment in between, either in the countryside or on the trails, varies in length and difficulty. Participants select among the following options (the mileage is the total for the entire ride, not just the countryside/trail portion):
- The metric century (on the road for 63 miles),
- The middle distance ride (on the road for 44 miles),
- The cycling marathon (on the road for 26.2 miles),
- The taste of trails (includes a relatively gentle off-road experience, to total about 19 miles) , or
- The trail challenge (includes more technical trails of the James River Park system, for advanced riders, to total about 33 miles).
After your ride, celebrate with a beer from Stone Brewing, included in your ride ticket, and fuel up with delicious food available for purchase from a local food truck. All of Libby Hill is reserved for our amazing after-party and awards ceremony.