The Ride Start
- 9:00 am – Please be ready with your bike and helmet and begin lining up for the wave start. Each Ride Leader will be with a Wave Start Volunteer with a wave sign (#1-21). Gather friends and your bike and head to a Ride Leader and Wave Start Volunteer. Each Ride leader will have about 12 riders in their wave. The Wave Start Volunteer will have your cue sheet.
- 9:15 am – We will have a welcome and a few words about our mission and safety brief. Immediately thereafter the ride will start and the first Ride Leader of wave #1 will roll out.
- All riders will start with a Ride Leader but after the first stop they may choose to remain with their Ride Leader or navigate the route on their own with the cue sheet
- We have three routes this year, Pink, Green and Yellow. Each route will be the marked in their route colors.
- 9:30am – Every four minutes three waves will leave at the same time each going on their perspective route Pink, Green or Yellow.
Rules of the Road
- Wear your helmet at all times and follow all traffic signals and signs.
- Wear you bib on the front of your shirt at all times .
- If you choose to ride with your Ride Leader you are responsible for keeping track of when they leave each garden stop. Ride Leaders will stop for 10 to 15 minutes at each garden.
- Ride in a straight line and check over your shoulder before changing lines or turning. Use hand signals to indicate your direction.
- Be vocal, keep to the right and pass on the left (call out “on your left!” when passing).
- Do not use your cell phone or headphones at any time while riding.
- If leaving the ride for any reason during the ride please call (TBA).
Restrooms and water stops
- At the start, there will water to fill your bottles and restrooms.
- There will be a water and restroom stop about halfway through the ride at the Fire Station.
- Light snacks will be available at the Libbie Hill Garden stop.
SAG (Support and Gear)
- For medical Emergency call 911.
- Bike Mechanical problem or feeling out of steam? There will be a SAG wagon to help. Let your Ride Leader know and they will call the SAG wagon. You and your bike will be picked up and head back to Party Central (remove link). If riding on your own call Emily and she will contract the SAG wagon for you.